Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Stupid Diet Continued

This is the 4th time I've been on the low iodine diet.  It continues to get easier everytime as I find things throughout the year to add to my list of acceptable foods.  So, I'm sharing those additions today!

1. Wheat bread seems to be acceptable, even if it has a little salt.  With turkey and a crunchy veggie, not bad
2. Cream of Wheat with real maple syrup
3. Great Harvest Cinnamon Chip or Honey Wheat bread. I can't live without it!
4. Soy Free margarine at Whole Foods by Earth Balance. Melt it and mix with honey for honey butter, awesome on the cinnamon chip bread!
5.  Pasta sauce is probably fine out of the jar, but I did find a new one at Whole Foods called "monte bene" garlic marinara made with "kosher salt".
6. Trader Joes Druid Circle cookies
7. Unsalted Tortilla chips from Whole Foods with homemade salsa.
8. Vanilla Hemp milk from Trader Joes, blended with frozen fruit
9. Newman's Own unsalted popcorn (melt soy free margarine and add salt)
10. Banana with unsalted peanut butter and granola
11. Wine, pepsi, tea, flavored water
12. Starburst and jelly beans
Somehow I've managed to turn a diet that could be so healthy (fruits/veggies) into a carbfest! But it makes me happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was recently diagnosed with a variant of follicular thyroid cancer. I'm 34 years old. Not sure why this is an 'older person' diagnosis most of the time, but I wanted to let you know your blog really helped me read and get an idea of what to expect in some areas of what's ahead. I had a TT last week, will get RAI in January. I'm trying to stay positive, although there's a lot of uncertainty and it's pretty scary! But thank you for putting some more information out there, it is really helpful to read others' experiences. Best of health to you!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Nice Article has been shared here on "Diet". i did get lots of good points from here on "Diet". thanks for sharing such article here. it would be nice if you can share some information related to Vascular Surgery Malaysia here in this article....keep Posting....

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete